Monday 31 December 2012

Stila Seeing Stars Smudge Stick Set

stilasmudgestick

Stila Smudge Stick Set
£16.66 Boots

Such a bargain! I love Boots for the Christmas sales as all of the make up gift sets from Christmas come down in price
This year my local store actually stocked some Stila, Too Faced and Philosophy products. Normally their pretty poor on the premium make up front.
I'm now regretting not picking up some more Philosophy beauty bargains but in all honesty I have enough shower gel to last me through the year and some.
Considering one of the Stila Smudge sticks alone are £13 paying £16.66 for five full sized is brilliant.
I would most definitely pick up a set of these beauties if your local Boots still has stock available, I know their out of stock online but it's worth a try.

stilasticks

The 'sticks' are like a wind up eyeliner in design, in all honesty I was expecting a thicker nib so as to use it like an eyeshadow but the thin nib allows the product to be used as both an eyeliner and an eyeshadow so it's versatile.
I like how each different smudge stick's casing is the colour of the product it houses.
I get so frustrated when I'm looking for something amongst many other bits and bobs and can't easily distinguish what each thing is.
The glitter in the packaging makes it pretty as well which is a bonus if you display your make up at all.

seeingstarssmudgestick

(L-R)
Moray~Golden Olive Shimmer
Stargazer~Black with Gold and Silver Pearl
Angelfish~Metallic Pewter
Tetra~ Deep Shimmery Purple
Oscarfish~Warm Brown with Gold Pearl (Limited Edition)

In my opinion there aren't any dud colours in this set. 
My two favourites are Angelfish and Tetra.
The darker colours can be used to create a smouldering smokey eye and Angelfish can be used to highlight on the lid and brighten used in the waterline.
The formula is quite soft and blendable, they are long lasting and waterproof too so should last all day, or night.

Love
Belle
xoxo

1 comment: