Saturday 11 August 2012

Topshop 'Flush' Blusher

IMG_2001

Topshop Cream Blush in 'Flush'

I've seen plenty about the Topshop make up range around the blogosphere but hadn't dabbled myself until recently. I took the plunge on a trip to Brighton and picked up this cream blusher, the lipstick in Brighton Rock (felt it was fitting) and a nail varnish in Moonshine. 
I'd never used a cream blusher before but having heard such good things about Topshops attempt I thought I'd give it a go and at only £6 I figured I had nothing to lose.
The colour I chose was Flush, I was debating between this and Neon Rose which may well be my next purchase now...
The consistency is almost like a thick paste to me which dries to a powder consistency, I use my fingers to apply to the apples of my cheeks and blend with my Crown duo fibre blusher brush. I do find it quite easy to over do this blusher though, probably doesn't help how poor the lighting is where I put my make up on leading to put on more than I need. Luckily it is easily blended out to an appropriate tone. 
Topshop describe this colour as a Rose colour, I'd agree to an extent.
It has a corally undertone which first attracted me but there is a deeper, almost mature, overall colour which is where I see the rose colour. 
Neon Rose is now firmly on my wish list as are a few other Topshop products.
I personally quite like the packaging, it's cute and different to anything else in my collection. I know a lot of people don't like the packaging and gripe at how dirty it gets, mine hasn't actually gotten that dirty in the time it's been bashed about in my make up bag.

Any other cream blusher recommendations?

Love
Belle 
xoxo

1 comment: