Wednesday 8 August 2012

Maybelline Colour Tattoo 24HR

IMG_1999

Maybelline Colour Tattoo Eye Shadow

I know these have been out for ages but I wanted to know if they were worth the hype and figured I'd add my two cents into the pot.
I bought three colours of the new Maybelline Colour Tattoos, On and On Bronze, Eternal Gold and Permanent Taupe.
I love the consistency of the eyeshadows and find them to last extremely well on my eyelids.
On and On Bronze is my favourite of the three and I often just dab a bit of this on my lids before trotting off to work in the morning. 
Permanent Taupe hasn't really impressed me, I expected it to be a shimmer finish but it's matt as you can see in the swatch. I'm not a massive fan of matt eyeshadows and these are often over looked in any pallet I purchase. This may be one I pass on to my Mum I think.
Eternal Gold is a bit meh for me, it has staying power, is a nice shimmery finish and the colour is alright but it doesn't grab me as much as On and On Bronze in all honesty. 
I find these to be similar to the Mac paint pots but not exactly the same. I have Rubenesque from Mac and adore it, the colour and consistency are amazing. The Maybelline eyeshadows feel slightly gritty, not uncomfortably so but not as smooth as Mac. I don't find this to be a problem of such just a difference. There are also a lot more colour options available from Mac as well as all the different limited additions which are released. The Colour Tattoos are currently only available in seven colours, but being priced at only £4.99 they are much cheaper than the Mac alternative.
I'm tempted by the Immortal Charcoal and Eternal Silver colours too... 

Have any of you guys tried these?
Love
Belle xoxo 

No comments:

Post a Comment