Monday 20 August 2012

Current Favourite Foundation Combination

IMG_2003

I've recently been combining two foundations to achieve my perfect base
My Mum received the Clarins tinted moisturiser, HydraQuench tinted Moisturiser SPF6, in shade 5 Gold which was much too dark for her skin tone (and mine I'll add) so she gave it to me. I normally use my MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation but since I've had a tan this has been a bit too light so rather than looking like a ghost I had a mini brain wave and thought I'd mix the two products together. I never get quite the same ratio of products but it always seems to work. The sheerness of the tinted moisturiser means that the heavy coverage of the foundation is toned down enough for summer wear when I don't want a heavy coverage. This is my third tube of the MAC foundation and I most definitely class it as my favourite but I want to try something new but can't quite bring myself to purchase the Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation I'm lusting after when I still have a full tube of this in my stash. 

I have been loving using this combination and wear it everyday for work. 
I don't like to look over done at work as it's a hugely male orientated trade business so being fully made up can make me come across as un-approachable in a way and possibly even like I don't know what I'm talking about...I don't know where I'm going with this...but I don't need anything else to make the men think I'm a blonde bimbo lol! Think I need a more feminine job...

Anyway, together these two products cost around £40 which is ridiculously expensive for a foundation but in theory I'm getting double the amount of product than I would with one foundation so it's not that bad.

Here's the combo in action

IMG_1778

Anyone else mix together products to get their perfect item?

Take Care
Belle
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment