Monday 22 July 2013

Kat Von D ~ Ladybird Eyeshadow Palette

katvond

ladybird

katvond swatches
Fur Elise, Vespertine, Renholder, Siouxsie-Sioux, Unequited, Harlow, Wolf, Cleopatra

Kat Von D Ladybird True Romance Eyeshadow Palette
$36.00
Sephora

When we decided to go to New York I knew I had to get my hands on something from Kat Von D's makeup collection
I love her and have done for years 
Seeing as I seem to love eyeshadow palettes I figured I'd give one of these a go
Initially I wasn't sure on the Ladybird palette as I don't tend to use matte eyeshadows, leaning towards the shimmery shades in my palette over them 
With the release of the Naked Basics palette I found myself more intrigued by mattes but decided I didn't need the small palette of only 6 shades
And I'm so glad I waited!
When I first saw this in Sephora I was more interested in either the Ludwig pallete or the Saint palette
Ludwig is full of neutrals and a mixture of greens but was out of stock in every store I tried and Saint is basically the equivalent of the Naked palette
After swatching a few shades from the Ladybird palette I knew I wanted to try some eye looks with it and added it to my basket
As you can see in the swatches above the shadows are really nicely pigmented for matte shades and they blend beautifully together
The only dud shade for me is the orange shadow on the end, not sure how I would make that work but maybe blended out it could add a little colour to a look.
The eyeliner in Immortal Love is such a lovely, creamy, pigmented liner that really compliments all the colours in the palette 

I'm now regretting not buying more from this range
It's such a shame it's so hard to get hold of for us Brits

Have you ever tried anything from the Kat Von D range?

Love
Belle
xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment