Friday 16 November 2012

Haus of Gloi Autumn products

haus of gloi

My first purchase of Haus of Gloi products...
Easily influenced, after seeing The Sunday Girl's post on the Halloween exclusive goodies I had to make an impluse purchase especially as the Halloween scents are limited edition I didn't want to miss out.
...Already being tempted by the Yule range
I'd been lemming the body scrubs and exfoliators so had to give them a try, and 
of course the body butters, love a good body butter especially in the winter

In my little 'haul' above I have:
Pumpkin Queen Sugar Exfoliant
Honeysuckle Lemon Curd Pumpkin Butter
Ghost Puffs Soft Bubbling Scrub
Litchi Milk Tea Pumpkin Butter
Imp Sugar Exfoliant
Butter Pecan Lip Balm
Gingersnap Lip Balm

sugar exfoliant

I've never really been too fussed about body exfoliators but recently I've definitely noticed a difference in my skin and that it may well need a little attention
As these are only a small sample jar I thought they would be perfect to give the formula a try before committing to a larger version
The scents I purchased are the Pumpkin Queen and Imp scents
All of the products I purchased have sweet and fruity scents which is something I look for when shopping for body products
I'm not a huge fan of anything overly floral or spicy but a little is alright 
The Pumpkin Queen scent actually has hints of peach in which is my all time favourite scent
If something has peaches in it I'm all over it!
The Imp scent is again rather sweet

soft bubbling scrub

Ghost Puffs Soft Bubbling Scrub
This smells divine!
It's a mixture of buttery popcorn (nom!) and marshmallow (double nom!)
It could be too sweet for some tastes but to me it's perfect
A slightly different scrub to the above
It's smoother, and not so grainy.
There's cocoa butter in the formula so leaves your skin super smooth

pumpkin butter

I love love looooooove Lychees (not sure why haus of gloi spell it weirdly) 
Their scent is gorgeous too, not quite my favourite peach will hold that spot forever 
But I do love this nearly as much
It's sweet and fruity with almost a floral undertone, a bit like when you eat a lychee it's mainly fruity but there's a perfume kind of floral taste too
These are extremely moisturising and sink into the skin really quick as well
I've got the Honeysuckle and Lemon Curd flavour on my desk at work to pop on my elbows and fore arms during the day
The scent lingers well too which I like as it's such a nice smell to catch a waft of

I also bought two of the lip balms as I seem to be the biggest lip balm addict!
The Butter pecan is over sweet to me, shocking I know, it smells too sweet and overpowering, a bit sickly too
I still use it but not as much as I'd like to
The Gingersnaps is pleasant as the ginger isn't too strong
Both balms are really moisturising and last well on the lips

No comments:

Post a Comment