Sunday 5 February 2012

Duty free goodness

One of my favourite parts of going on holiday is raiding the duty free counters..and I'm sure I'm not alone in this.
I always come out with at least one perfume but try to keep the make up purchases to everyday essentials where I can save myself a few pennies. 
Since I've been back from China (months now) I have to say I've been using all of these products almost daily. Good choices for a change! 
Al though considering I bought these back in November I can't remember how much I paid for them all...fail.

 Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream, Kiehl's Mango Lip Balm, Paco Robanne One Million, YSL Shocking Mascara, YSL Rouge Volupte in 1, MAC Paint Pot in Rubenesque
 I've been contemplating buying one of these lipsticks for so long and finally took the plunge knowing it was slightly cheaper than high street prices. I love it and when I go to Kenya in March I am most definitely going to purchasing the coral colour. The lipstick applies so smoothly to lips and is a gorgeous colour. The packaging is super luxurious too, feel ever so glamorous pulling this out of my bag on a night out! 

 Not much can be said about a lip balm really except I'd heard about this on numerous blogs and couldn't help but try it out.
Ended up being an essential in the China wind.
Will say my Mum mocked me for spending nearly £9 on a lip balm though...
But hey you only live once!
 I fancied trying a new moisturiser so purposely didn't pack one 
I'd never tried any Kiehl's products so figured why not give their moisturiser a go.
So far I love it and use it daily, it's not too heavy and sinks in very quickly so I don't have to wait too long in my really rushed morning routine


 I'm in split opinions about this, it's quite a runny formula and I often blink a little too much getting mascara all over my eyeshadow/foundation
But I love how it makes my eyelashes look, it's a very black formula and gives lashes volume and length.
I do find the smell can be a little overpowering but once applied it's not noticeable
 Another product I've been after for a while
It's such a gorgeous colour and I've been using it both on its own and as a base

 I've finally visited a Sephora (Victory dance)
On our last day in China we stayed in Shanghai and as soon as I spied the sign I had to make the guide stop there
All other make up brands were more expensive so I just settled with Sephora's own brand
A highlighting powder and eyeshadow pallet.
Can't say I've used the eyeshadow too much because I'm too addicted to my naked pallets! 


On the plane home I saw this little set of four lip balms for $36
After paying £9 for one I thought that was a pretty good deal
Mum bought them but saved them for Christmas
New lip balm love right there :)

Belle
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment