Monday 11 November 2013

Smashbox Heatwave Palette

SMASHBOX

SMASH SHADOWS

SMASHBOX SWATCH

Heatwave Palette
Smashbox
£36 (Boots)

I bought this beautiful palette back in August with some birthday money and it has definitely become my go to palette
I've just checked the Boots website and this is still available but I'm not sure for how long as it isn't available on the Smashbox website
For the past 3 months I've reached for this nearly everyday
All the colours are so easy to work with and last amazingly well
There are ten shades included as well as an impressive double ended brush and I aslo got a deluxe sample of the photoready primer
It only works out at £3.60 for each eyeshadow...what a bargain!
They aren't small pans either, each one is easily the same size as a £2 coin
There are two matte shades with the other eight being lovely shimmers
In my opinion there are no dud shades in this palette
They are all super wearable and compliment each other beautifully
I use this both on days I do a quick look with just the peachy gold blended over MAC's paint pot in Rubenesque and also the days I can take a bit more time and use the champagney highlight in the inner corners and then choose a couple of other colours to build a gorgeous eye look
Again this can be used for both day and night and I've been reaching for this on both occasions
Perfect for a holiday where you'll find yourself with different makeup needs on a regular basis
My one little niggle would have to be the lack of shade names..I like palettes to have some kind of names for each individual colour but I can live with it in this case
Especially when the packaging is so nice, simple but nice, and the insides even nicer! 

After trying this palette out I would definitely like to try a few other bits from Smashbox 
The primer seems good so far so maybe a full size is in my future!

Have you tried anything from Smashbox?

Love
Belle
xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment